Monday, February 4, 2008

1/30/08 This morning I hit my snooze button twice before I actually got out of bed. Paris wore me out! Once again I slept with my coat on. We all did and Kate slept with that blanket with the booger on it again, its so funny. After breakfast we had a meeting again about things that they wanted us to do in Paris and then we were able to go our own ways.
We went the to Arc De Triumph and saw the tomb of the unknown soldier where they have a candle lit all the time for him.

Once again we had to climb up the stairs and it felt like they were never ending as well. But the view was worth it when we got to the top. I was kind of grumpy after an hour of taking pictures because I really wanted to go the the Louvre Museum. The Arch is cool but it is really old after a while. The Museum was incredible! I saw paintings by David and Van Gogh. I also saw the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo the statue and Winged Victory. The only reason I knew about these things are all because I my horrible humanities class that I suffered through last semester, I actually thank that proffessor now because he prepared me for all of these things! When we walked out of the Museum there was this really cool sunset that had the Eiffel tower in the background. It was so pretty! We were inside the museum for about 4 hours which wasnt as bad as you think because there were so many cool things there.
For dinner that night we went to this place called "Hugos." It was so fun, just this little cafe that had French cuisine. I got this creamy pasta with Salmon in it, I got about half way through it and I was so full, they had so much food! The restaurant use to be outside so they covered it with plastic things and we had a heater over us with candles lit every where, so pretty. We recommended it to some of our friends for the next day and when they went they got ot listen to this guy sing while they ate their dinner. We went to this little bakery across the street after and they had these cute little wedding cakes they looked like. And tons of eclairs and stuff like that. It was a really cute little place. That night my friend Kendra and I went to this internet cafe that was owned by an Arab guy and he smoked up a storm. We were there for the shortest amount of time possible.

No comments: