Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Week of Plays!

3/14/08

Sorry it has been so long since I have put anything up on my blog. I wanted to wait until I had more pictures to put up for everyone.


The first thing that I went to see this last week was "The Sound of Music." We were originally going to see Phantom of the Opera but the place that we were going to get tickets at sold them for way out of our price range so as a back up plan we went to the theater for the Sound of Music and we got tickets for that night.The girls that I went with were Tori, Andrea and Amanda. The theater is at a place called Covet Garden and it is this fun square with shops and these Chinese lanterns hanging from buildings. The play was amazing especially because we got seats on the 5th row from the stage and the kids that were in it had the most amazing voices. Marie did an excellent job as well.


The next day there was going to be a single adults dance and a bunch of girls here at the center were planning on doing that for our Friday night. I personally wasn't in the mood to go to a dance and so some of the other girls and I went to this play called "Mouse trap" It is the longest running play in London and we got our tickets for a really cheap price. We went to the Box Office to get the tickets which was the biggest mess ever because the theater is not where it should be on the map. They changed location and so we went all over London looking for this place and we were all a little grumpy by the time we got there. We bought the cheapest tickets that they had which was on the back row but when we got there we moved up because alot of the seats weren't filled. The play is about this couple that opens a hotel and there is a huge snow storm and they hear on the Radio that there is a murderer out and they find out that the murderer is in their hotel. So it is a "who done it" kind of play. I really enjoyed it and it was fun to see an original London play.


Well this week we ran into kind of a predicament. The Wednesday we were suppose to go to the west coast of England (Penzance) and this past Monday we had a hurricane and it completely covered the town in water so our trip was canceled. We are now moving that trip to next week and going to Stone henge this Friday and Saturday. I am excited that we are still going dont get me wrong there is just one problem though. The young women in my ward have been planning a trip out to London from Mitcham for next Friday, but we cant do it any more because our trip was moved. The girls have been planning on it for a long time and now we are going to have to change the date for them to come out again. Its just kind of a pain.


This week I have Kitchen duty, its actually really fun. We have been listening to the sound track to "Wicked" and "Hairspray" while we clean and we will sing at the top of our lungs and everyone can hear us. Its pretty funny. I think that we have been the fastest group at Kitchen clean up, seriously. We are SO FAST!


Meg, Betsy and I have been talking the past few days about how we want to go see the play "Grease." So today we went to get tickets 1 hour before the show started and we were right in the middle on the bottom about 5-7 rows from the stage! It was so fun because after we got pictures with Danny and Sandy. Rocky did my make up again for the play, she is the best! I love it because I will go upstairs and ask her to do it and she will know what she wants to do before I even tell her. This time I wanted to go a little crazier with my make up because it was Grease that I was going to and so she put gold eye shadow on me and it looked so cool. The guy in the picture with me is Danny from the play and I even got a picture with me touching his hair! Meg and I wore almost the same outfit, our red and black were swapped. We had a blast tonight but now I am really tired and we have a really big trip tomorrow to Stone Henge so I will post pictures of that when I get home!

Also I saw the movie "The Other Boleyn Girl" and we were really hating life after that movie. It wasn't very uplifting to say the least so I wouldn't recommend it.

No comments: